Top 9 Reasons to Undergo a Tummy Tuck
Tummy tuck procedures (also known as an abdominoplasty) have become very popular in recent years. It’s not just a procedure for the rich and famous anymore. We have compiled the top ten reasons to consider a tummy tuck.
1. Diet and exercise has the ability to tone muscles and reduce your weight but it is unable to reduce loose skin from the abdomen area. A tummy tuck can tighten the skin around the abdomen and reshape your tummy, especially if you have recently lost a lot of weight.
2. Following pregnancy, many women are left with stretch marks and/or loose skin. A tummy tuck can reduce and in some cases remove stretch marked skin, as well as the sagging loose skin.
3. Scars left from previous surgeries, including a Caesarian section can also be targeted with a tummy tuck procedure. A tummy tuck can tighten the skin in the areas of the scar and improve the overall look of your tummy.
4. Self-image is a huge factor in why many women seek out a tummy tuck. Feeling self-conscious about your body due to flabby skin or scars can affect your overall well-being. A tummy tuck can provide more comfort when wearing a bikini or lingerie, for example.
5. Many people want to return to their youthful body following pregnancy, weight gain or aging. Tummy tucks can help you feel young and return to your previous body size or appearance, making you feel better about yourself.
6. A bulging stomach can lead to self-consciousness and embarrassment. This can be detrimental to a person's confidence levels, negatively affecting their abilities in the social and professional realms. A tummy tuck helps eliminate this embarrassment.
7. Belly buttons can change following pregnancy. During a tummy tuck procedure, your belly button can be reshaped to look as it did prior to pregnancy or excessive weight gain.
8. Pregnancy can make some women change the way they carry their fat. Excess fat may now be stored in the mid-section and become more resistant to exercise and diet. A tummy tuck can help target this more effectively.
9. Excessive weight or fat bulges cause some women to cover up and/or wear baggy clothing. They may want to hideaway in the summer months or wear baggy clothes to hide the fact that they don’t have a bikini body. A tummy tuck can help you feel more confident in your appearance and increase your comfort level when wearing a bikini or lingerie. You'll be able to throw away your muumuus, once and for all!